- When my brother and his family were visiting over the weekend we took a lot of pictures. This is hands down my favorite one:
- Last night Tyler went to Home Depot with Vaughn to get some stuff for a project. While they were there Tyler said "Dad, you're so awesome. You're way more awesome than Mom." See if that kid gets dinner tonight...
- Last Saturday I had the opportunity to go to Zions Camp and participate in a ropes course training program. It was basically mini girls camp, totally awesome. (Seriously, I loved it. I had a blast.) We did some of those team building activities. You know, where you have to get your whole team up a wall or over a log or through a tire etc. Anyway, after about an hour of get to know you time I felt comfortable to be the one who boosted everyone up by the butt. One even commented on my strength and steady hands. I rock.
- The track Terra and I do our speed work at is at a local High School. While running there on Monday a woman asked us if we go to school there. We stared at her blankly until she rephrased the question and we realized that she was asking if we were high school students. Um, Terra is in her 30's and I am 29 with two kids. I know, our lack of maturity makes it confusing sometimes to guess our age.
- On Sunday I made a new chili recipe. I didn't read the directions very well. It called for chipolte chilies in adobo sauce. So I dumped the whole can in and pureed it with the diced tomatoes only to read right after that I was only supposed to put in two tablespoons of it. But hey, everyone felt a 'burning in their bosom' that Sunday!
- I have to list that training I went to on Saturday under the awesome section too. It was like mini girls camp and I loved it. I can't wait for the second installment. Seriously fun stuff. Also, I got called "the scrappy one" which I kind of loved.
- Henry said to me this morning "Mom, I'll be your buddy because you don't have any friends." Little does he know that I have hecka awesome friends and we hang out after all the kids are in bed. Joke's on you kid!
- I totally forgot to post this last week, but on April Fools Day I sent my Mom a video of the kids saying "We're going to be big brothers." followed a few minutes later by a video that said "April Fools!" Not only did she fall for it, but all the people she had at her house fell for it too. Seriously, who falls for a pregnancy announcement on April Fools!
- We signed Tyler up for a week long Track and Field camp through parks and rec for this summer. He's ridiculously excited about it. Hopefully that excitement lasts for three more months until the end of July when he'll actually get to go.